Clash of Lords 2 Today: 0    Total Posts: 1728

Moderator: Dragoneyr

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Q&A Zone] Great sage invest

[Copy link] 6/2113

Posted on 8/21/15 3:21:25 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hé guys,

I recently got a great sage but i have a good line up.
Is great sage worthy to invest in? I mean in evolution. Hero lv is no problem.

Current line up is all lv 160+ and all divine.

Signature
Undutchables
Posted on 8/21/15 3:43:17 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

YES!

I've noticed a significant difference in the power of my arena lineup with Great Sage's divine.
Right now I'm running Pdr, AD, GS, SM, PG. (all w/ divine)
Basically he stops the enemy from doing any skills for about 5 sec, immediately gives you 3 rage to spend and kills most of the enemy mercs in the process.

My battle goes like this
Start: hit PG divine, wait until pounder is in the merc mix, pdr divine, GS divine & GS skill (either one first) then very quickly all in a row: AD skill, SM skill, PG skill, AD divine, Pdr skill, SM divine... battle is over.

Signature
-TheW83
Posted on 8/21/15 3:55:20 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I had to make the same decision a while ago and I decided to invest into GS as soon as I had enough mutagen/shards to get him to divine 1. Before divine 1 he's pretty useless in my opinion, as locking the skill of just 1 hero isn't enough as you will get pounded by the rest of enemy heroes.

So my advice is to keep him locked and train him (e.g. in CC) until you have enough ressources to get him to Divine 1 and then take him into the lineup.

My Arena tactic is about the same as W83, just using a sharpshooter setup.

LS, GS, Ambrosia, Chiron and PP got divine on all of them and skills are lvl 16-20

LS taunts, shortly after I use GS divine, use chiron and PP skills to buff the sharpshooters, once GS divine is over I use LS divine which gets rid of buffs and stuns them, ambrosia skill and battle is pretty much over.
That way I manage to take down the FotD every time with my lvl 110-130 team even if they are much higher (180+)

Signature
Posted on 8/21/15 4:04:35 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Ty guys. But for what hero? GS is not quite the tank is hé?

Now i use Pounder, renee, artic, pan and chiron

My strategy (works fine for now) is use divine pan. Then artic skill (runs over all mercs) after that pounder chiron skill. I use divine renee against after great sage attacks :p. So you would say: invest in gs max? And what hero shall i remove from line up?

Signature
Undutchables
Posted on 8/21/15 4:16:20 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'd probably drop Arctic Lord as you still have another "crowd control" hero (Pounder's Skill/Divine) if you use PG's Divine to push enemy heroes back so you can get Pounder in the middle of their mercs.

And it's true that GS is not much of a tank in raw HP but he "tanks" in the way that he silences enemy heroes. And the 3 Rage from his divine really give you a huge headstart. (use it for e.g. Pounder, Chiron and Pangoli Skill)

I'm not sure if Pounder can act as solo tank the way Landslide does in my setup but it might be worth a try.

Signature
Posted on 8/21/15 9:20:40 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I HATE the use of the word Tank around here, esp since LS showed up. If it comes to HP vs HP a decent AD can heal enough to take enough dmg more than LS can by far. The prob with AD is his divine doesn't kill mercs which is more important than HP, you don't need a lot of HP if the mercs are dead.. It's Defense via Offense. Like AL that kills mercs..

GS,LS, Pndr have both defensive (or healing) and offensive capabilities of some sort.
GS removing skills usually has a grand impact on mercs and its not the hero but the hero and his army that matter.

I am not fortunate enough to have GS, but I am a student of the game and I know when I am about to get wrecked, GS usually has a hand in it.

Signature
IGG ID: 194 546 514
My Databases - http://col2.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=191116&t=1432354874
My Facebook Guild group https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArgonautsGuild/
My Guild
Posted on 8/22/15 8:04:49 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

During any battle gone sour for me AD is always the last one alive. In fact in most higher BR he is taking on 3-4 powerhouse heroes until his skill runs down for a 2nd time and his immunity was previously spent.

Signature
-TheW83