Clash of Lords 2 Today: 0    Total Posts: 1419

Moderator: Dragoneyr

Total:#3

Create Thread

[Chat (WP)] it is official... wp is no more

[Copy link] 2/433

Posted on 10/9/17 10:18:03 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

So what will happen when Microsoft shuts down their app store?  Do wp player gets to move/merge their account to android or ios?

Signature
Posted on 10/10/17 6:38:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I do not have a Windows Phone myself, but I can't find anything or haven't heard anything about Microsoft shutting down their store. Can you provide a source please?

Signature
The apprentice turns against his master
Posted on 10/11/17 6:24:08 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I've been through several articles.
Long story short: The apps will not disappear or stop at all. There just won't come any new ones to the market. The only updates coming on WP will be security updates and bugfixes.

The market share of WP apps is too low. There are 2 things to blame:
- Its minor user base
There are not enough users to enjoy the apps put on the market. However, this is caused by:
- A major lack of support from developers
It is just not interesting enough for developers to introduce apps compatible with both WP as well as other platforms.

This has a downwards spiraling effect. One effect enlarges the other one, which spirals back to its first effect, amplificating it to an ever growing magnitude.

Microsoft will stop updating the Windows version on phones. It's clear to them that users don't need 2 of the same layouts while PC and Mobile are completely different devices. This means that you, as a WP user, will, at some point, start seeing slight differences between the PC version and the Mobile version on your phone. Only the vital components will be kept up to date to protect you from viruses and other malicious infections/attacks.

Signature
The apprentice turns against his master