Clash of Lords 2 Today: 0    Total Posts: 5682

Moderator: Dragoneyr

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Chat(iOS)] Matchmaking systems

[Copy link] 3/258

Posted on 11/6/17 5:04:18 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I would like to talk about the matchmaking in COL2.

It is an annoyance of mine which has been very persistent.

1. Coliseum. I am playing three separate accounts on my iPhone (all my own accounts) and the difficulty of the opponents I am presented across these three accounts is both, 1: consistent within each account, while 2: varying wildly between the accounts. For example, my main account (Level150 player with level 190-200 main heros) gets incredibly difficult opponents. I have about 1 win in every 5 battles, until I hit about 1200 points and then it is down to 1 win every 10 battles, if that. So, I can't progress beyond this point no matter how much I try. My third account (level70 player with level 120-140 heroes) hardly loses a battle. I might lose 2 or 3 battles on the way to 3000 points with this account. My middle account has an experience almost exactly in the middle between the other two accounts.
    It would appear that the difficulty of opponents must be based on player/average hero level.
    The other thing I noticed is that at times, the level of difficulty has suddenly jumped up. My third account used to win battles almost on autopilot, and if I did direct the battle, I would win inside 60 seconds. Now it takes me 2-3 minutes for a win, and I have to be involved. I have guessed that this is due to my player or average hero level passing a threshold, and me getting another "bracket" of opponents. This "bracket" concept seems to be present elsewhere.
  2. Battle Squares. Much the same as above for Coliseum. Slightly different to Coliseum, but I still have a success rate of 45%, 65% and 85% for my 1st, 2nd and 3rd accounts respectively. The level of opponents seems to vary a lot more than for Coliseum. Some battles I win very easily, and others I lose very quickly.
  3. Guild Clash. My guild is ranked 14, however, we are a much weaker guild than those around us in the guild ranks. This is because we have 50 players of average strength, while the guilds around us have 35 or so very powerful players. We keep getting matched with these guilds and the scores are quite often 100,000 vs 10,000. In other words, we get absolutely annihilated. We regularly come last. I am aware that if all of my guild's members deliberately drop 200-300 trophies that we drop Guild Rank, and get more reasonable opponents, but this seems a silly strategy to have to take.

Guild Clash and Coliseum are getting really boring for me (on my main account) as a result of this "bracketing" of opponents. It's just not even close to a fair fight. I find myself very tempted to just get the three GC battles out of the way with zero points won. I can't imagine that it is any more rewarding for the guilds who rack up 100,000 points against us.

It would seem to me that there should be a much better way of matching opponents, particularly in GC. Why not have a "GC Ladder"? Every guild would find its own level on this GC-specific ranking and be presented with opponents that present a genuine challenge.

Signature
Posted on 11/8/17 2:30:29 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I am experiencing the same issue that you have. However this will no fix other than spending $$$$. But I don't think that will help either since spenders are paying at the same. I lost 12 games in a roll and may be win 1 or 2 games.

Signature
Posted on 11/9/17 10:52:17 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

In addition to what you have brought up, does any one notices lag issues in bs?  Like dropping ur heroes after ur opponent's gs is doing its divine and u still get locked? Or enchantress divine does not heal? Not killing any of ur enemy hero? In coliseum, ad does not heal ur tower or ur hero skill or divine takes a few seconds to execute?

Signature
Posted on 11/11/17 3:15:12 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

for GC maybe your guild should slow down a bit in battle royal progress

Signature
to defeat demon you didnt need an angel,
just sent another demon which slightly stronger.

-Sorryous