Moderator: DragoneyrAsacio

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Guide] The Three Hero Classes

[Copy link] 7/1296

Posted on 1/29/17 10:41:52 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Epic Hero Classes
(unofficial)

I've done a lot of thinking about the epic heroes in Clash of Lords II and the basis of what they do. I have come out with a system that categorizes heroes into three classes. Those classes are:

Damage, Support, Control

DAMAGE (DMG)
This class includes skills that do an extremely large amount of direct dmg or area of effect (AOE) dmg. 

SUPPORT (SPT)
The support class includes skills that provide healing, buffing, or negative status clearing of allied heroes and mercenaries.

CONTROL (CNT)
This class includes skills that debuff or apply status effects to enemy heroes.

Heroes have a major class and a minor class. The major class is their primary use and the minor being secondary and generally having a smaller effect. There are a couple exceptions to this where the major and minor are very close in strength. Also, not every hero is made even. Some are very good in their class while others not so much. The class lists below look primarily at the main skill and divine skill, with small consideration for insight and no consideration for aid skill.

Abyss Demon - SPT
Air Elite - DMG
Ambrosia - SPT / DMG
Arcane Caster - CNT / DMG
Arctic Lord - DMG
Berserker - DMG / CNT
Blitz Bomber - DMG
BlockHead - SPT
BullHead - DMG / CNT
Carol d’Belle - DMG / CNT
Chiron - DMG / SPT
Dark Rider - SPT
Demon Slayer - DMG / CNT
Djinni - DMG / CNT
Enchantress - SPT
Glory Priestess - SPT
Great Sage - CNT / DMG
Hydrasaur - SPT / CNT
Ironclad - DMG / CNT/SPT*
Landslide - CNT
Pan Goli - DMG / CNT
Pounder - DMG / CNT
Rath - CNT / DMG
Renee Ven - SPT
Sapphirix - DMG
Savage Chief - SPT / CNT **
Skull Mage - SPT
Toxic Shaman - SPT / CNT / DMG***
Wolvenfiend - Human: SPT / CNT  Wolf: DMG / CNT
Won Ton - DMG / CNT

*Ironclad - His minor role is a mix between control and support. The control part is obvious with debuffs of the enemy but the support is only available through his divine by providing rage cost decrease and skill cooldown reset.

**Savage Chief is really the odd one out. His only supporting role is his divine in which he switches place with a friendly hero in order to take DMG. His divine also has a minor in control in that it taunts enemy heroes.

***Toxic Shaman: He is a jack of all trades, or should I say master of all trades. His skill provides multiple bonuses in one, healing allies, buffing allies, debuffing enemies and doing AOE DMG.

I can clarify any hero's classification if required but most a fairly self explanatory.
The ideal lineup is dependent on the game mode.
In most cases you will want the following majors for your lineup: DMG, DMG, SPT, CNT

The final hero slot major will depend on the strengths of your heroes and your general strategy. Generally having more than two of any major will cause your lineup to suffer. Three SPT may not provide enough DMG to get the job done or may not counter enemy heroes enough. Three CNT won't support potentially needed debuffs and may be well short on DMG. Three DMG may be countered easily by debuffs and enemy CNT.

SPT counters DMG / CNT. Healing aspect of SPT will obviously will counter DMG and removing status effects counters CNT.
CNT counters DMG / SPT. CNT counters DMG by applying stun or skill lock as well as debuffs to dmg, atk rate, etc. It can counter SPT by HP recovery reduction.
The countering of SPT over CNT or CNT over SPT depends on the timing, generally CNT will override SPT. Enchantress is the only hero that provides a full SPT override of CNT via her divine.

Any questions, please ask.

Signature
-TheW83
Posted on 1/29/17 11:05:50 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Tanks are part of the support or control class? I was thinking there could be more than just 3 classes. It's hard to group so many abilities into just 3. It seems kind of confusing. I think most games have at least 5.

Signature
Posted on 1/30/17 12:11:22 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

It's not about the abilities of the class it's about their primary function. Some tanks like Landslide go into the control class because of the taunt and stun. Others like maybe Dark Rider go into support class because of the boost to mercenaries. There is no reason for any more than 3 classes because that's all there is. There can be different types of heroes in the classes but not different classes themselves. Most games that I've played don't have more than three classes. Generally they are Tank, Damage, and Healer.
The tank is essentially a control class in most games because they control enemy attention or aggro. Healing is obviously support. But tank and healer are too specific for COL2.
If you wanted to cover the specifics of every hero into groups you would need healing, taunting, buffing, debuffing, stunning/locking, damaging, and reviving. This defeats the purpose of the 3-class system which is to provide a simple view of optimal formations.
For example in Coliseum or Hero Trials you would not want 3 same-type primary classes on the field at once because they have a high probability of being easily countered and killed without being as effective as they otherwise could be in a better lineup.

Signature
-TheW83
Posted on 1/30/17 3:41:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Yea I understand that. To better explain what I'm talking about in damage classes there's usually at least 2 sub-classes like a warrior class and a mage class. Warriors do better direct damage and are melee characters and mages do burst damage and AoE damage. You wouldn't want your 3 damage heroes to be all of just one damage class since melee heroes get picked off and ranged heroes are too squishy. A broader range of classes is overwhelming, but it gives me the impression of more options. Just in my head I imagined it a little different.
It's very simplified. I do like what you did with the list. It gives a guideline of what you should have in your hero lineup.

Signature
Posted on 2/1/17 4:21:28 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

nice job very well thought out! THIS COULD HELP  new and exp players!! I agree 100% and what your saying in you post! Keep up the good work real helpful!

Signature
AOG
Posted on 2/8/17 7:45:36 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Renne van or arctic lord?  Which should i take? I already have abbys demon. And i am really a begineer. Pls help.

Signature
Posted on 2/8/17 8:06:20 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Renee Van is in many of the Top players line ups.  No brainer IMO take her.

Signature
iOS 
Join Potency
Hit me up and we will find you a good home!  

Potency #5  (3500 Trophies)
Honey Badgers #19 (3000 Trophies)
Elite OPS #76 (2600 Trophies) 
Sadersadgers #92 (1000 Trophies) 
HoneyCol #271  (1000 Trophies) 
Posted on 8/25/17 3:02:02 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Well written. What do you think about Ravager and Penthesilea? I'm wondering which classes are they.

Signature