Clash of Lords 2 Today: 1    Total Posts: 44365

Moderator: Dragoneyr

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Chat(Android)] Whos the best enlightened hero for "direct damage"

[Copy link] 6/264

Posted on 12/6/17 8:01:31 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I have been patiently waiting for Skull Mage to get enlightenment but my patience is wearing thin. I have Arcane Caster fully enlightened and I'm thinking for my next hero I want to be able to do the most direct or Piercing damage. There are a lot of blocks, ignores and damage reduction that these heroes now have. The one that seems the best option is Arctic Lord with his insight dealing an additional 50% direct damage through his active and divine skills. I have three +3 Tyrants Brands so Ill be good there. Just looking for advice if there is a better hero to cut through all the damage reduction.

Signature
Posted on 12/6/17 11:06:13 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Not really sure on the answer to your question.  But, I can't recall seeing anyone use an enlightened Arctic Lord at high levels anyway.  I still see some lower/mid types use arctic to pull for spread attacks at times.  Arctic is a weak hero IMO and not worth investing in.  

I'd look closely at Wolf.   Fast attack rate and is versatile to boot.  Also has dot.

Won ton does lots of damage.

Wonder Woman...if you have her.  She has some interesting abilities.

Anyway, Arctic would be right before Pounder to pour resources in if it were me.

Signature
Posted on 12/6/17 11:13:56 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thank you for the reply. I guess my core question was the best hero to mitigate or get around all the damage reduction aids and skills. AL has the Direct Damage insight (cannot be mitigated by anything except invincibility). My thought is its not much help to have a really high damage hero if everyone they face has Beserker aids and gylphs. If AL can cut through some of that with every attack then maybe he can do more damage than some of the other more powerful heroes. Wasn't sure if there was a hero I was missing that did a good job of cutting through that stuff. I like WF but I read where his enlightenment is almost double the AS as the others.

Signature
Posted on 12/6/17 11:32:33 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'd go for durability.  If you can outlast the other heroes you win.  I like heals and damage mitigation in addition to raw power.  I currently attack with abyss, amber, toxic, ench, and sage.  All enlightened heroes do good damage imo, especially when all glyphed up.  Some more than others, I get that.  But there other abilities can more than offset the absence of impressive numbers.

Signature
Posted on 12/7/17 1:56:34 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

A max pan poli can still delete strong hero's.  Especially with your high lvl tyrant brands.

Signature
Cucumber killa pacific northwest diver!!!
Posted on 12/7/17 1:54:12 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I haven't had a max pan hurt me in a long time now.  If there is a big power imbalance I could see where that could hurt.  But I'd assume equal power for practical purposes since a huge power imbalance is gonna cause problems anyway.

I don't have unlimited resources and assume others do not either, so I try to be efficient choosing which heroes to enlighten.  Pan is not as versatile as I like, still more an aid than main to me, and not among my top ten to enlighten.

Amber, Toxic, Abyss, Ench, Pen, Renee Ven, Wonton, Wolf, Arcane Caster, and Rath are my current top ten to enlighten.  Sage, Djinni and Landslide are honorable mentions.  I see people using Djinni as a reserve more.  

When Stormrider gets it, that probably bumps someone.

Signature
Posted on 12/11/17 12:27:30 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

@Xtacle i too have been circling around the same question. Currently have AMB, PG, Rath, and RV all sitting at 22 enlightenment and thinking about the next hero. i keep debating between AL and CdB. They are both cheep to enlighten compared to the new heroes. i think AL is one of the most underrated heroes in the game. i have seen BS spam attacks where a lvl25 AL, double divine will clear all the towers, then PG or wonderwoman will finish off the base in 10sec, this is at 5500 level. AL also has 3 triangle glyphs, atk, hero dmg, and skill dmg could be a beastly combo. AL lvl 5 divine also grants all heroes immunity, would be great to combo with bastion drops. 

wonderwoman is super OP at the moment but costs a fortune, i dont have the shards to get her to pieces let alone enlighten her. plus there is probably some sort of nerf coming for her in the future, she breaks too many game modes at the moment. 

Dont know what server you are on but, NERD in Superevolution guild, us android, has a LVL25, with no glyphs and 180-190 hero aids. HP over 1,000,000 and Atk 42k.

Signature
Yea Games