Moderator: DragoneyrAsacio

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Chat(Android)] Piercing attack?

[Copy link] 7/504

Posted on 10/5/17 1:31:07 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

What is piercing attack

Signature
Cucumber killa pacific northwest diver!!!
Posted on 10/5/17 10:41:09 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

My best guess is it's the counter glyph to "block attacks".

Signature
Posted on 10/6/17 1:40:58 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I am only speculating here:

"block attacks" is like a shield similar to enchantress and djinni enlightenment bonuses, but it blocks a % of attacks similar to damage reduction. my guess it that it is applied before damage reduction. for example you have 25% block and 50% damage reduction. you get attacked 267 hp. 267 * (1-.25%block) = 200 then 200 * (1-.50%damage red) =100. you would take 100 damage.

think that pierce counters the shield/block % but does nothing against damage reduction. 

i also am not sure how tyrants brand relates to block, but i am guessing that it does not bypass it, it only bypasses the damage reduction

Signature
Yea Games
Posted on 10/12/17 9:55:17 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

@stormOwner i didn't realize that pierce and block only worked against normal attacks, that makes it redundant to damage reduction... kinda silly. Damage reduction works against auto attacks and there is not that many ways to bypass it, tyrants brand only works for skill attacks. why would they add another damage reducing attribute that works the same as the previous? 

IGG really needs to explain these glyphs a lot better

Signature
Yea Games
Posted on 10/12/17 11:25:26 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think block was introduced to balance atk dmg and skill dmg, as skill dmg had its skill dmg red before while atk dmg didn't. But i'm not sure if the fact that block works only for normal atacks makes it useless.

I have lately runned some tests on buildings, and discovered 2 things. First that sanctum dmg red COUNTERS dmg buffs, and second that sr and ac skill dmg reductions COUNTERS skill dmg buffs.

So mathematically it could be expressed this way:
Attack*(1+Dmg-DmgRed)*(1+SkillDmg-SkillDmgRed)=TotalDmgDealtToTheBuildingBySkill

(I wrote here TotalDmgDealtToTheBuildingBySkill because i didn't test on heroes, as it's much harder to get exact amounts on them - one of the reasons is power multiplier that affect dmg dealt and taken, which exact values i don't know)

Now, assuming hero dmg red given by glyphs or enchants worked in the same way as dmg red from sanctum, dmg red wouldn't be capped, but its effects would depend on how big are the dmg buffs of the attacker. And that means block would still be able to reduce big part of the dmg taken, because hero dmg red would be much less effective

Signature

Posted on 10/13/17 3:33:22 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thanks a lot for all the great feed back I appreciate it thankd

Signature
Cucumber killa pacific northwest diver!!!
Posted on 10/14/17 5:32:33 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Heee ?
:angel::D
No..No
The Glyph "piercing attack" works just like Tyrant Blade.. but it not Stacks with it.
so now you can play various equipment with a chance to piercing the DAMG RED.
Im using it on my GS with Hammer and it works.

"Block Attack" Glyph...  dodging is for normal and skill attacks and get counter be hit rate.
"Block Attack" Blocks skill  attack without hit rate as counter...PG Counter

dunno what you guys talking about...

Signature
Posted on 10/14/17 8:45:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I throw the pic proof here in case someone didn't see it. It clearly states block and pierce works only for normal attacks.
@NeedleInc not sure how did you come up to your conclusion. But what's the point in having an attribute similiar to Tyrant Brand ability or dodge that work for the same type of attack (skill or normal atk). Those 2 attributes give a chance to ignore dmg taken or dmg reduction. Giving a 80% and then 70% chance to ignore resist effects doesn't seem probable for me.

As it's extremaly hard to test with high accuracy how atk dmg buffs and debuffs work, i didn't test it myself, so i'm also speculating here. The most probable answer in my opinion is pierce and block counter each other, simply because currently both cap at 70%. Also 70% additional dmg red that can't be countered is too overpowered to exist. The safest solution for pierce and block is to work same as dmg and dmg red - pierce increases atk, block reduces it. So mathematically for atk dmg it could be expressed like that:
Atk*(1+Pierce-Block)=AtkDmg

Pasting it to my theory i tried to explain above, the total atk dmg value would look like that:
Atk*(1+Dmg-DmgRed)*(1+Pierce-Block)*CritMultiplier*PowerMultiplier=TotalAtkDmg

Signature