Clash of Lords 2 Today: 5    Total Posts: 44062

Moderator: DragoneyrAsacio

Total:#3

Create Thread

[Chat(Android)] Game balancing: Igg is not the problem the players are

[Copy link] 2/317

Posted on 6/15/17 9:17:54 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

So with glyphs being added to the game and deciding whether or not I should uninstall now or add another never ending item to my list of "things I'm working on", I came to a realization...
It is not so much IGG greed that is driving the constant game changing updates and additions as it is the players (more specifically those at the top).

There are players that absolutely,  without exaggeration, have spent $100,000+ on this game. They spend thousands a month, literally, and therefore, days (or hours) after each update there are some players that have maxed out versions of every new addition the game offers them. As a result of this race to be the first with a maxed out new shiny thing, it causes others at the near-top to have to spend more to keep up. Another result of this race is that IGG has an army of cash cows that become bored with the new additions very quickly, therefore they are constantly looking for new things to implement in the game to satisfy the players that they earn the most revenue from.

So basically what I'm saying is that it isn't IGG that unbalanced the game it was the players. And if you spend thousands, or even hundreds of dollars every month on this game to be on top you have noone to blame but yourself.  Don't get me wrong though,  I'm not complaining about glyphs, they are interesting for sure, and I'm also not complaining about spenders (if that's what you want to do with your money by all means don't let me stop you). All I'm doing is thinking out loud, wondering if anyone else ever considered that IGG is only supplying a demand, rather than demanding a supply.

Signature
Posted on 6/15/17 11:18:30 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

have to agree with you.

Signature
Posted on 6/15/17 1:50:54 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

LOL! I completely agree I spent a big wad to max heroes and almost was at the point I could compete with the big boys (AIDS are a bitch!).  Now the Glyphs will put me waaaaay behind and I doubt I will be willing to continue the madness!  I will probably become a monthly pack only player.  The rate at which they are releasing is kind of crazy.  iOS barely has any truly maxed out players.

Signature
iOS 
Join Potency
Hit me up and we will find you a good home!  

Potency #5  (3500 Trophies)
Honey Badgers #19 (3000 Trophies)
Elite OPS #76 (2600 Trophies) 
Sadersadgers #92 (1000 Trophies) 
HoneyCol #271  (1000 Trophies)