Clash of Lords 2 Today: 2    Total Posts: 44128

Moderator: DragoneyrAsacio

Total:#17

Create Thread

[Chat(Android)] Tyrant Brand - NERFED?

[Copy link] 16/1835

Posted on 3/13/17 10:56:04 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

After this past Battle Square update it is apparent that the Tyrant Brand has suffered a severe reduction in effectiveness. I've been asking around among several dozen players and it seems we are all in agreement.

Here's my example - I have a gold+3 brand that has 80% chance of bypassing enemy dmg red (this has always included bk aid). Instead of doing a lot of DMG with my enl PG to 4/5 heroes I'm now doing extremely little. I'm doing more than 15% HP dmg on maybe 1/5 heroes on PG divine. It seems like it is either no longer bypassing BK aid or it just has been severely nerfed in its chance to bypass.

So which is it? It seems to me like the chances to bypass DMG reduction have been reduced. I've hit guild mates with and without BK aids and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Before the update I could hit a weaker member of our guilds in training grounds with just PG divine/skill and wipe out all of his heroes. Now I maybe kill 1. He doesn't have BK aids either so it really doesn't make sense to me.

I assumed it was PG at first until guild mates started talking about the tyrant brand.

How many have noticed something similar?

Signature
-TheW83
Posted on 3/13/17 11:33:11 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I feel like there's been some undocumented changes in the recent past, yes. I tested it out on another target in LL, all 5 berserker aids. PG active + divine (9 targets), and no one blocked my damage except for PG, which blocked it twice in a row. The others didn't block a single thing, my PG's divine hit his PG/Ambro/TS/WT/Guild Bot, while his active hit PG/Ambro/TS/Rath. None were below 70% for more than a split second even though some got hit twice and didn't proc Berserker at all. My PG isn't high-end by any means, but he can easily (and he did!) dish out 600k+ damage with that combo.

I'm not sure what they changed, but it's weird. Gun to my head I'd guess that Enchantress Aid has been buffed, I've NEVER noticed her Aid proc multiple times when nuking a hero to 1 health, yet now they instantly proc all 4 of them and they're back to 50-100% health again, depending on hero/level. Which is something that didn't happen in the past, afaik. Or it did but opponents didn't have high aid levels yet.

Maybe they changed Tyrant's Brand to roll its 80% chance on every single DMG red. layer? I.e. 1. Active used 2. Hero gets hit 3. Berserker? Roll dice. 4. DMG red? Roll dice. 5. Skill DMG red? Roll dice.

If that really is the case, then even if any 1 of those 3 fails to roll in your favor, your damage will be laughably low depending on the hero. Almost any high level Enlightened hero has at least 45% skill dmg reduction via Enlightenment levels, not to mention talents/enchants increasing those bonuses even further.

We'd need to do a lot of collective testing to find out though, since IGG doesn't like documenting things and half the information in this game is hidden, and I'm being really generous here. It's actually ridiculous how many things are completely undocumented.

Signature
Posted on 3/13/17 12:08:31 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

if they have wolf or arcane caster on defense, a considerable chunk of damage will be taken off.

Signature
Posted on 3/13/17 2:02:04 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm convinced now that the Tyrant Brand chance to bypass enemy dmg red has been nerfed.

I've hit the same base several in training grounds and usually just one hero always bites the dust (RV) and sometimes RV and Amb. I've hit him before the update and I would ace all of his heroes. He hasn't made any big change either.
Again, it's just just him who I've noticed the issue. It's every base now in LL. His base is just a constant where I am aware of the aids being used.

Signature
-TheW83
Posted on 3/13/17 2:25:27 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I noticed this too, my base could usually be soloed by a lvl 25 pg with ambro and rv backup, but the same people can't even 5 man my base anymore. Both pg and wonton seem a lot less effective.

Maybe Battlesquare made the devs realize how insane pg was in general and they fixed some damage bug, enlightened pg always hit for way harder than it seemed like he should.

Signature
Posted on 3/13/17 2:54:02 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Sounds more like PG been fixed and not Tyrant or PG been nerfed.

Signature
Posted on 3/13/17 9:45:04 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Perhaps the change is to PG, or only effects PG? I have noticed no difference to brand effectiveness, and I use 3 gold brands on DJ, IC, and RA. I have never tried with PG so cannot comment on changes to him.

Signature
Posted on 3/14/17 6:35:43 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm starting to think that maybe they disabled the Tyrant Brand's ability to bypass certain types of DMG reduction. Maybe it bypass general dmg reduction but not skill dmg reduction?

I hit a mate with 6500 power, all bk aids on ENL Amb, GS, Rath, WT, ENL TS and got a mere 1m DMG from divine/skill/divine of PG.
I hit another mate with 6300 power, all bk aids on ENL Amb, GS, ENL AC (insight 6), Rath, ENL TS and got 1.7m DMG

I figured I'd be doing less dmg on AC base but I really haven't noticed a difference between them.

Signature
-TheW83
Posted on 3/14/17 10:34:17 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Do your guildmates have Aegis equipped?

Signature
iOS 
Join Potency
Hit me up and we will find you a good home!  

Potency #5  (3500 Trophies)
Honey Badgers #19 (3000 Trophies)
Elite OPS #76 (2600 Trophies) 
Sadersadgers #92 (1000 Trophies) 
HoneyCol #271  (1000 Trophies) 
Posted on 3/14/17 12:09:38 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

nothing got nerved i have 10900 Power 4+3 Brands its still the same 80% is not 100% and if you dont have that luck that 20% trigger alot if i am playing vs one with 6000/7000 Power its still 1 Shot with Won Ton or Great Sage and idk if ppl saying some other stuff Power makes a Giant difference attacking someone with the same power BK aids triggers Every time ;) so the Brand is not nerved its the Power that is Strange

Signature