Clash of Lords 2 Today: 4    Total Posts: 45766

Moderator: Dragoneyr

Total:#1

Create Thread

[Chat(Android)] How IGG calculates damage (thorough breakdown)

[Copy link] 0/2139

Posted on 6/8/16 2:55:36 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I take ZERO credit for this.  I found this amazing breakdown of how damage is calculated by IGG and what factors to focus on when trying to increase.  The author is nehemiarrcol2. The link below is to the original page.  
https://nehemiarrcol2.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/how-igg-calculates-damage/

HOW IGG CALCULATES DAMAGE

February 3, 2016nehemiarrcol2

Here is a brief rundown on how damage is calculated (ignoring CRIT for now until I do more tests on the base critical rate and base critical damage boost).
The formula for how much damage a hero will do (again assuming a non-critical) is:
Total Damage = [(Base Hero Attack * ATK%)+Flat ATK] * DMG Bonus
Let me explain what each of these is in more detail, though I will point out that the number you see when inspecting a hero with aides is the calculation of (Base Hero Attack * ATK%)+Flat ATK.

BASE HERO ATTACK

[color][size][font]
Description: the raw attack stat excluding all glory, evolution, aides, weapons, etc.
How to Increase:
  • Leveling up your character only

ATK %

[color][size][font]
Description: The stat is found in many different sources. To calculate how it affects your overall damage you need to add up all sources of ATK% and then apply it to the formula.
How to Increase:

• Leveling Hero Aides in 2nd and 3rd slot (arguably the strongest method-at level 130 for aide 2 and 3 you get 90% boost from just having them leveled to 130; level 180 aide 2 and 3 is 146% ATK boost)
    • Leveling Hero Aide skills (max boosts: Chiron-30%, Skull Mage-40%, Hydrasaur-28%)
    • Evolution (Libra for example gives an ATK% boost; 35% for Berserker, etc.)
    • Hero Talent Battle Fervor gives 8% boost max
    • Hero Enchanting (Sometimes Level 2 or Level 3 Enchants)
    • On Defense from Guild Bot & Hero Hall Level

[color][size][font]
Temporary Boost through hero rage skills like Enchantress (30% ATK up)

FLAT ATK

[color][size][font]
Description: This one is even more straightforward than ATK% and is a simple addition onto the result of Base Hero Attack * ATK%
How to Increase:
  • Hero Equipment (Bow, Blade, Tome)
  • Evolution (notice how evolution is a percentage + a flat amount; the flat amount goes here)
  • Hero Aide (Dark Rider gives 800 I believe at max)
  • Hero Talents (never bothered with this one and don’t even know what it’s called)
  • Hero Glory
  • Hero Enchanting

DMG%

[color][size][font]
Description: This is similar to ATK% in how it works, though is arguably much more powerful at face value. To compare say the two talents: Battle Fervor (8% ATK) and Blessed Weapons (8% DMG). Since DMG% gets multiplied in after you calculate the total attack and ATK% only impacts the base hero attack DMG% will always be stronger pound for pound.
How to Increase:
  • Hero Equipment (Tome, Hammer)
  • Hero Enchanting (up to 25% DMG at max level)
  • Hero Talents (Blessed Weapons gives 8% DMG at max)
  • Hero Aides (Sapphirix gives 20% DMG)
  • Temporary Boost: Ambrosia rage skill (30% DMG boost at max rage skill level)

[color][size][font]
So that is what goes into the numbers you see when you inspect a hero. A YouTube video will be put up giving a basic example with a level 1 hero and Critical Damage information hopefully will come out soon.

Signature
I like your LOOT and I cannot lieeeeee....You other Clashers can't deny....