Clash of Lords 2 Today: 1    Total Posts: 44365

Moderator: Dragoneyr

Total:#27

Create Thread

[Chat(Android)] GC Matchmaking and trophy dropping...

Hot Topics [Copy link] 26/4112

Posted on 5/16/16 1:47:16 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Just to clear up obvious confusion that still exists out there. Your trophy count and guild rank in LL has no effect on your GC matchup.
This is a direct quote from my IGG rep "In terms of how matches are made, trophies are not considered in the matching process. The matches are decided by Power of the top 5 Heroes from all the participants in Guild Clash and the total number of Guild members participating in Guild Clash."

"Power" includes a number of factors including hero level, glory, skill, evolution, mercenary levels, and total equipment power. On top of this there is a "random" feature that is thrown in to help same guilds from being matched up on consecutive weeks.
The issue with "Power" at this point is there is no discrimination between a WonTon at full glory lvl 200 and pisces vs a Blitz Bomber at full glory lvl 200 and pisces. Hero value is the same at any given similar level/evo/etc. So yes, the system is broken and yes they are working on a way to improve it further.

As for those who are trophy dropping...

The only real reason to drop trophies is to farm mutagen. You drop trophies to get easier battles and potentially more mutagen but in reality when you drop trophies you only lose half the amount that you would gain from a 3 star victory. So you will have to lose 20 battles (potentially 60 star slots for mutagen?) to match the trophies you would gain from winning just 10 3-star battles. Then add on the fact that half of the trophies you dropped from purposely losing are given back to you by others purposely losing and it all becomes very much less than ideal.
Since it is in your favor to win as often as possible the best thing to do would just leave only 1 hero defending your base and not purposely lose offensive attacks. You will still drop trophies from losses but you will gain more mutagen because there should be less people losing purposely against you and you will have more chances to do real attacks.

In summary...
THERE IS NO REASON TO LOSE ON PURPOSE IN LORDS LEAGUE WHEN ATTACKING.
THERE IS ONLY REASON TO LOSE DEFENSIVELY IN LORDS LEAGUE.
So all of us mutagen farmers lets stop dropping offensively and losing and just start WINNING. Keep those bases unguarded and we'll all profit! 

Have a great day everyone!

-TheW83

Signature
-TheW83
Posted on 5/16/16 3:16:09 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think every IGG rep says different things because a forum moderator told in previous topic on match making that trophies play part. Also most people at the live chat do

About your answer. 1) the randomness clearly doesnt work because as top 30 guild we had same opponents 2 weeks in row and now 1 guild 3th time in 5 weeks.
2) look at the system matchup in gc. Its way off and it barely factors in evolution. We got 2 players where one has all Aquarius heroes lvl 180, while the other has same heroes lvl 195 scorpio. The 180 player has better weapons, better mercs and skill lvl is same.
Yet the person with aquarius is ranked 14th and the one with scorpio 3rd. He is also above a lot of players with 185-190 aquarius and pisces heroes.

My rating according to system is lower than someone who has 2 lvl 185 heroes libra and rest lower evo and some 180 aid heroes.  My heroes are all 180 Capricorn.

Its clear that evolution lvl is really a way too small part of hero strength and this cause really bad matchups.

We got 1 all pisces player and keep getting matched up with guilds in top 10 with 10 or more all pisces players.  

From what I can see from every week settings up gc is that evolution is really bad accounted for in their formula. While it's almost the biggest influence on hero strenght. Specially above Sagittarius the evos should make up the biggest part of hero strength

To fix it,  they should use the dust values giving in the Alchemy workshop when you want to salvage a hero. It contains rings and souls invested into a hero and the glory.  Then give each evolution a certain factor with which you multiply the dust value and the factor should increase exponentially. Can add later a value increase for your top 5 weapons or something.  But this formula would give a better comparison of actual hero strength than what they use now. And with Alchemy values they already got all data available.

Signature
Posted on 5/16/16 4:49:37 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

You really trust the incompetent IGG staffs says? Trophies DOES counts in GC matchup.
Our guild been rank top 100 for months and meets guilds who have much better heroes. OFC we always comes last. THEN ranks under 100, what do u think happens? MUCH MORE EASIER GUILD matching and 2nd place 2 times and 1 place 2 times.
So trophies doesnt counts in GC matchup is just BULLSHIT from IGG!

Another funny thing is, Im ranked 10 place in GC guilds ranking. But im 2nd in Guild in total damages. Also NONE in mine guild can take out mine base 100% except 1 player in the guild can do that, which have better heroes than me.
In BR im always 2nd place in total damages and at least 10-30M more damages than others.
Still Im ranked lower than others in GC. Whole GC matchup are fucked up.

Signature
Posted on 5/16/16 5:17:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

your summary is wrong. you lose on purpose because at some point in lords league you wont 3 star anyone. around 3900 the bases get super hard and 3 star is out of the question.

so you drop to 3300 and remove heros and farm mutagen through revenges because your opponents are so much easier

Signature
Posted on 5/16/16 8:24:26 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

The W83 your comments are ridiculous as you believe one source when IGG has told us another.

I run 2 guilds. No one over Virgo in one and no one over Capricorn in other but EVERY WEEK we face multiple Pisces and Aquarius.

Real life dictates your wrong, sorry Ari as I do respect you..

Our main guild does better in GC with a small group behind our core which has Scorpio to Sag and guarantee no high BB or anything of that sort. When I let in midgets lvl 30-60 with high trophies that's when the matchups are a couple of 50ks against and they have miserable low teams.

You have me email man and I never expected you to be IGGs bitch.
I have 98 reasons to be pissed off, that's the people in my guilds getting destroyed every week.

Signature
IGG ID: 194 546 514
My Databases - http://col2.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=191116&t=1432354874
My Facebook Guild group https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArgonautsGuild/
My Guild
Posted on 5/16/16 10:34:48 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hopefully the new and improved matching rules come soon.

Signature
Posted on 5/17/16 7:20:31 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

The guy I speak to regarding the wiki stated trophy count was not a part of the matching process, I've seen 3 separate instances from IGG Live Support where they said trophies were not counted as part of the matchup. And in a very thorough reply from an IGG admin to players that were making a huge fuss regarding the issue with Best777 it was stated yet again that trophies were not part of the matching process.

I don't know what else to say. If the freakin game makers say that's not how it works over multiple instances then I am inclined to believe them. I KNOW the matchmaking system is still broken. Even IGG said they are working on a way to optimize it. We've been getting screwed with matchups in the past 3 weeks in our guild whether we dropped trophies or not.

The main reason I wrote this post is because everyone is dropping trophies and losing against everyone else who is trying to drop trophies making it all a much less efficient process. I'm just trying to state what I feel is the best way to go about it. Lose defensively on purpose, not offensively.

And Tr0sk, please, next time write your response to people but don't hit that submit button... wait a few minutes... re-read it, change your offensive wording, and then hit submit.

Signature
-TheW83
Posted on 5/17/16 9:16:26 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Probably trophies count don't effect clash matching directly; but guild rank do effect matching. I can say it because of my experience in window server where there are fewer guilds. And rank depends on trophies. So trophines do affect clash for sure.

Signature
Posted on 5/17/16 9:19:33 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Oh ma God. . .IGG's crappy matchmaking system is making us turn on eachother. *runs away*

Signature
Posted on 5/17/16 11:03:21 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

"The Guild Clash matchup is actually based on a complex system with several metrics, and not just on Hero Level alone. Guilds are matched ACCORDING TO THE OVERALL ABILITY OF THE TOP 5 HEROES FROM EVERY PLAYER. The overall ability includes not only their hero level, but also skills, evolution level, mercenaries, equipment and more. This allows guilds of similar strength to be matched with each other. We have been making improvements to the system based on continous feedback from players, and will continue to do so, to ensure the Guild Clash battles will be as fair as possible."
-Stany D
Rep ID: 1204

Signature
-TheW83